Double Cornice #4 In Bad Snow Conditions (or Visibility) T..
Doubledou•ble (dub′əl),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -bled, -bling, adv.
- twice as large, heavy, strong, etc.;
twofold in size, amount, number, extent, etc.: a double portion; a new house double the size of the old one.
- composed of two like parts or members;
twofold in form;
paired: double doors; a double sink.
- of, pertaining to, or suitable for two persons: a double room.
- twofold in character, meaning, or conduct;
dual or ambiguous: a double interpretation.
- (of musical instruments) producing a tone an octave lower than the notes indicate.
- duple, as time or rhythm.
- folded in two;
having one half folded over the other.
- (of a bed or bedclothes) full-size: a double blanket.
- [Bot.](of flowers) having many more than the normal number of petals: double petunias; double hollyhocks.
- anything that is twofold in size or amount or twice the usual size, quantity, strength, etc.
- a duplicate or counterpart;
something exactly or closely resembling another: This dress is the double of that. He is the double of his cousin.
- Also called double room. a type of hotel accommodation with two beds, or sometimes a double bed, for occupancy by two persons. Cf. twin (def. 4).
- a fold or plait.
- an alcoholic drink containing twice the usual amount of alcohol.
- a sudden backward turn or bend, as of a fox on the run in fox hunting;
- a trick or artifice, as of argument in a formal debate.
- a substitute actor or singer ready to take another's place;
- [Motion Pictures, Television.]a substitute who performs feats or actions too hazardous or difficult for a star.
- [Baseball.]See two-base hit.
- [Mil.]double time.
- doubles, (used with a sing. v.) a game or match in which there are two players on each side, as in tennis.
- (in bridge or other card games)
- a challenge by an opponent that the declarer cannot fulfill the designated contract, increasing the points to be won or lost.
- a hand that warrants such a challenge.
- [Bridge.]a conventional bid informing one's partner that a player's hand is of a certain strength.
- [Bowling.]two strikes in succession: He needed a double in the tenth frame to win.
- See daily double.
- any of certain feasts in the Roman Catholic Church, marked by a doubled antiphon and taking precedence over lesser feasts.
- [Music. Rare.]a variation.
- a former coin of France, the sixth part of a sol, issued in silver in the 14th century, later made of copper.
- at the double, [Brit. Informal.]on the double.
- on the double, [Informal.]
- without delay;
rapidly: The fire engines came on the double.
- in double time, as marching troops.
- to make double or twice as great;
to add an equal amount to: The baby doubled its weight in a year.
- to bend or fold with or as with one part over another (often fol. by over, up, back, etc.): Double the edge over before sewing.
- to clench: He doubled his fists.
- to be or have twice as much as: Income doubled expenditure.
- to sail around (a projecting area of land): to double Cape Horn.
- to add a new layer of planking or ceiling to (an old wooden hull).
- to pair;
couple: The players were doubled for the tournament.
- [Music.]to reduplicate by means of a tone in another part, either at the unison or at an octave above or below.
- (in bridge and other card games)
- to challenge (the bid of an opponent) by making a call that increases the value of tricks to be won or lost.
- to challenge the bid of (an opponent): He doubled me into game.
- to cause the advance of (a base runner) by a two-base hit: He doubled him to third.
- to cause (a run) to be scored by a two-base hit (often fol. by in): He doubled in the winning run.
- to put out (a base runner) as the second out of a double play (often fol. by up).
- to become double: My money doubled in three years.
- to bend or fold (often fol. by up or over): to double over with pain.
- to turn back on a course or reverse direction (often fol. by back): He doubled back by another road and surprised us.
- [Mil.]to march at the double-time pace.
- to serve in two capacities or in an additional capacity: She doubles as producer and director.
- to act as a double in a play, motion picture, or the like.
- [Music.]to play an instrument besides one's regular instrument (usually followed by on): The saxophonist doubles on drums.
- (in bridge and other card games) to double the bid of an opponent.
- [Baseball.]to make a two-base hit.
- to double-date.
- double in brass, [Informal.]to serve in two capacities;
be able to do work different from one's own: It is a small firm, and everyone doubles in brass when emergencies arise.
- double or nothing, a bet having as its outcome either the doubling of a previous loss or debt or the canceling of that loss or debt. Also, double or quits.
- double up:
- to share quarters planned for only one person or family: Because of the room shortage, we had to double up.
- to bend over, as from pain: He doubled up in agony.
- to twice the amount, number, extent, etc.;
- two together: There are only a few beds, so some of the children will have to sleep double for the night.
Cornicecor•nice (kôr′nis),USA pronunciation n., v., -niced, -nic•ing.
- any prominent, continuous, horizontally projecting feature surmounting a wall or other construction, or dividing it horizontally for compositional purposes.
- the uppermost member of a classical entablature, consisting of a bed molding, a corona, and a cymatium, with rows of dentils, modillions, etc., often placed between the bed molding and the corona.
- any of various other ornamental horizontal moldings or bands, as for concealing hooks or rods from which curtains are hung or for supporting picture hooks.
- a mass of snow, ice, etc., projecting over a mountain ridge.
- to furnish or finish with a cornice.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Badbad1 (bad),USA pronunciation adj., worse, worst;
(Slang) bad•der, bad•dest for 36;
- not good in any manner or degree.
- having a wicked or evil character;
morally reprehensible: There is no such thing as a bad boy.
- of poor or inferior quality;
deficient: a bad diamond; a bad spark plug.
- inadequate or below standard;
not satisfactory for use: bad heating; Living conditions in some areas are very bad.
- inaccurate, incorrect, or faulty: a bad guess.
- invalid, unsound, or false: a bad insurance claim; bad judgment.
- causing or liable to cause sickness or ill health;
injurious or harmful: Too much sugar is bad for your teeth.
- suffering from sickness, ill health, pain, or injury;
ill: He felt bad from eating the green apples.
- not healthy or in good physical condition;
diseased, decayed, or physically weakened: A bad heart kept him out of the army.
- tainted, spoiled, or rotten, esp. to the point of being inedible: The meat is bad because you left it out of the refrigerator too long.
- having a disastrous or detrimental effect, result, or tendency;
unfavorable: The drought is bad for the farmers. His sloppy appearance made a bad impression.
- causing or characterized by discomfort, inconvenience, uneasiness, or annoyance;
unpleasant: I had a bad flight to Chicago.
- easily provoked to anger;
irascible: a bad temper.
- cross, irritable, or surly: If I don't have my morning coffee, I'm in a bad mood all day.
- more uncomfortable, persistent, painful, or dangerous than usual;
severe: a bad attack of asthma.
- causing or resulting in disaster or severe damage or destruction: a bad flood.
- regretful, contrite, dejected, or upset: He felt bad about having to leave the children all alone.
- disobedient, naughty, or misbehaving: If you're bad at school, you'll go to bed without supper.
- disreputable or dishonorable: He's getting a bad name from changing jobs so often.
- displaying a lack of skill, talent, proficiency, or judgment: a bad painting; Bad drivers cause most of the accidents.
- causing distress;
unfortunate or unfavorable: I'm afraid I have bad news for you.
- not suitable or appropriate;
disadvantageous or dangerous: It was a bad day for fishing.
considered too stormy, hot, cold, etc.: We had a bad winter with a lot of snow.
- disagreeable or offensive to the senses: a bad odor.
- exhibiting a lack of artistic sensitivity: The room was decorated in bad taste.
- not in keeping with a standard of behavior or conduct;
coarse: bad manners.
- (of a word, speech, or writing)
- vulgar, obscene, or blasphemous: bad language.
- not properly observing rules or customs of grammar, usage, spelling, etc.;
incorrect: He speaks bad English.
- unattractive, esp. because of a lack of pleasing proportions: She has a bad figure.
- (of the complexion) marred by defects;
pockmarked or pimply;
blemished: bad skin.
- not profitable or worth the price paid: The land was a bad buy.
- deemed uncollectible or irrecoverable and treated as a loss: a bad debt.
wasted: Don't throw good money after bad money.
not genuine: There was a bad ten-dollar bill in with the change.
- having the character of a villain;
villainous: In the movies the good guys always beat the bad guys.
- failing to land within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court;
missing the mark;
not well aimed.
- outstandingly excellent;
first-rate: He's a bad man on drums, and the fans love him.
- in a bad way, in severe trouble or distress.
- not bad:
- tolerably good;
not without merit: The dinner wasn't bad, but I've had better.
- not difficult: Once you know geometry, trigonometry isn't bad.Also, not so bad, not too bad.
- too bad, unfortunate or disappointing: It's too bad that he didn't go to college.
- that which is bad: You have to take the bad with the good.
- a bad condition, character, or quality: His health seemed to go from bad to worse.
- (used with a pl. v.) evil persons collectively (usually prec. by the): The bad are always stirring up trouble.
- go to the bad, to deteriorate physically or morally;
go to ruin: She wept at seeing her son go to the bad.
- in bad, [Informal.]
- in trouble or distress.
- in disfavor: He's in bad with his father-in-law.
- to the bad, in arrears: He's $100 to the bad on his debt.
- badly: He wanted it bad enough to steal it.
- bad off, in poor or distressed condition or circumstances;
destitute: His family has been pretty bad off since he lost his job.Also, badly off. Cf. well-off.
Snowsnow (snō),USA pronunciation n.
- a precipitation in the form of ice crystals, mainly of intricately branched, hexagonal form and often agglomerated into snowflakes, formed directly from the freezing of the water vapor in the air. Cf. ice crystals, snow grains, snow pellets.
- these flakes as forming a layer on the ground or other surface.
- the fall of these flakes or a storm during which these flakes fall.
- something resembling a layer of these flakes in whiteness, softness, or the like: the snow of fresh linen.
- white blossoms.
- the white color of snow.
- [Slang.]cocaine or heroin.
- white spots or bands on a television screen caused by a weak signal. Cf. hash 1 (def. 5).
- to send down snow;
fall as snow.
- to descend like snow.
- to let fall as or like snow.
- to make an overwhelming impression on: The view really snowed them.
- to persuade or deceive: She was snowed into believing everything.
- snow under:
- to cover with or bury in snow.
- to overwhelm with a larger amount of something than can be conveniently dealt with.
- to defeat overwhelmingly.
Howdy peoples, this photo is about Double Cornice #4 In Bad Snow Conditions (or Visibility) T... This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 637 x 478. This picture's file size is only 51 KB. If You desired to download It to Your computer, you could Click here. You may also see more images by clicking the image below or read more at here: Double Cornice.
Double Cornice #4 In Bad Snow Conditions (or Visibility) T.. typically become a position we and relatives at home assemble together. Additionally, occasionally plenty of activities performed while in the two bedrooms. So that the setting becomes milder and nice, for that individuals need superior light. Below are a few guidelines from us for the home illumination is appealing and more appropriate. Modern hanging could be used in some patterns the kitchen.
Double Cornice #4 In Bad Snow Conditions (or Visibility) T.. are spread to focus on the yard or storage simply. Currently, the lamp can be used also along with your home layout that was contemporary. Actually, employing these bulbs, the area seems large and more adaptable; and, Hanging ceiling will be the most suitable choice for illumination decoration of one's kitchen place.
Seem more tasteful and easy, roof pendants can certainly be coupled with a variety of kitchen layout you have. To create it more intriguing, you can add LED lights on each part of the roof with specified shades therefore the area contemporary home and more attractive.
The more hanging wish to use, we suggest which you choose a hanging design that's straightforward never to display the environment of the gang while in the space were exorbitant. Hanging lights are generally suited to kitchens with layout that is minimalist. The chandelier features a figure that's very easy so that it looks more tasteful as several of the photographs above. Ensure if you are using the hanging, you choose the same design to maintain speed with all the total kitchen your kitchen.