Fire Surround-scaffold Boards, Stained, Rubbed And Touch Of White Paint ( Fireplace Boards Gallery #2)
Fire Surround-scaffold Boards, Stained, Rubbed And Touch Of White Paint ( Fireplace Boards Gallery #2) Photos Gallery
Firefire (fīər),USA pronunciation n., v., fired, fir•ing.
- a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.
- a burning mass of material, as on a hearth or in a furnace.
- the destructive burning of a building, town, forest, etc.;
- heat used for cooking, esp. the lighted burner of a stove: Put the kettle on the fire.
- See Greek fire.
- flashing light;
- brilliance, as of a gem.
- burning passion;
excitement or enthusiasm;
- liveliness of imagination.
- fever or inflammation.
- severe trial or trouble;
- exposure to fire as a means of torture or ordeal.
- strength, as of an alcoholic beverage.
- a spark or sparks.
- the discharge of firearms: enemy fire.
- the effect of firing military weapons: to pour fire upon the enemy.
- a gas or electric heater used for heating a room.
- [Literary.]a luminous object, as a star: heavenly fires.
- between two fires, under physical or verbal attack from two or more sides simultaneously: The senator is between two fires because of his stand on the bill.
- build a fire under, [Informal.]to cause or urge to take action, make a decision quickly, or work faster: If somebody doesn't build a fire under that committee, it will never reach a decision.
- catch fire:
- Also, catch on fire. to become ignited;
burn: The sofa caught fire from a lighted cigarette.
- to create enthusiasm: His new book did not catch fire among his followers.
- fight fire with fire, to use the same tactics as one's opponent;
return like for like.
- go through fire and water, to brave any danger or endure any trial: He said he would go through fire and water to win her hand.
- hang fire:
- to be delayed in exploding, or fail to explode.
- to be undecided, postponed, or delayed: The new housing project is hanging fire because of concerted opposition.
- miss fire:
- to fail to explode or discharge, as a firearm.
- to fail to produce the desired effect;
be unsuccessful: He repeated the joke, but it missed fire the second time.
- on fire:
zealous: They were on fire to prove themselves in competition.
- play with fire, to trifle with a serious or dangerous matter: He didn't realize that insulting the border guards was playing with fire.
- set fire to:
- to cause to burn;
- to excite;
inflame: The painting set fire to the composer's imagination.Also, set on fire.
- take fire:
- to become ignited;
- to become inspired with enthusiasm or zeal: Everyone who heard him speak immediately took fire.
- under fire:
- under attack, esp. by military forces.
- under censure or criticism: The school administration is under fire for its policies.
- to set on fire.
- to supply with fuel;
attend to the fire of: They fired the boiler.
- to expose to the action of fire;
subject to heat.
- to apply heat to in a kiln for baking or glazing;
- to heat very slowly for the purpose of drying, as tea.
- to inflame, as with passion;
fill with ardor.
- to inspire.
- to light or cause to glow as if on fire.
- to discharge (a gun).
- to project (a bullet or the like) by or as if by discharging from a gun.
- to subject to explosion or explosive force, as a mine.
- to hurl;
throw: to fire a stone through a window.
- to dismiss from a job.
- to apply a heated iron to (the skin) in order to create a local inflammation of the superficial structures, with the intention of favorably affecting deeper inflammatory processes.
- to drive out or away by or as by fire.
- to take fire;
- to glow as if on fire.
- to become inflamed with passion;
- to shoot, as a gun.
- to discharge a gun: to fire at a fleeing enemy.
- to hurl a projectile.
- to ring the bells of a chime all at once.
- (of plant leaves) to turn yellow or brown before the plant matures.
- (of an internal-combustion engine) to cause ignition of the air-fuel mixture in a cylinder or cylinders.
- (of a nerve cell) to discharge an electric impulse.
- fire away, to begin to talk and continue without slackening, as to ask a series of questions: The reporters fired away at the president.
- fire off:
- to discharge (as weapons, ammunition, etc.): Police fired off canisters of tear gas.
- to write and send hurriedly: She fired off an angry letter to her congressman.
Rubbedrub (rub),USA pronunciation v., rubbed, rub•bing, n.
- to subject the surface of (a thing or person) to pressure and friction, as in cleaning, smoothing, polishing, coating, massaging, or soothing: to rub a table top with wax polish; to rub the entire back area.
- to move (something) back and forth or with a rotary motion, as against or along another surface: to rub the cloth over the glass pane.
- to spread or apply (something) with pressure and friction over something else or a person: to rub lotion on her chapped hands.
- to move (two things) with pressure and friction over or back and forth over each other (often fol. by together): He rubbed his hands together.
- to mark, polish, force, move, etc. (something) by pressure and friction (often fol. by over, in, or into).
- to remove by pressure and friction;
erase (often fol. by off or out).
- to exert pressure and friction on something.
- to move with pressure against something.
- to admit of being rubbed in a specified manner: Chalk rubs off easily.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to proceed, continue in a course, or keep going with effort or difficulty (usually fol. by on, along, or through): He manages to rub along.
- rub down:
- to smooth off, polish, or apply a coating to: to rub a chair down with sandpaper.
- to give a massage to.
- rub it in, [Informal.]to emphasize or reiterate something unpleasant in order to tease or annoy: The situation was embarrassing enough without having you rub it in.
- rub off on, to become transferred or communicated to by example or association: Some of his good luck must have rubbed off on me.
- rub out:
- to obliterate;
- [Slang.]to murder: They rubbed him out before he could get to the police.
- rub the wrong way, to irritate;
annoy: a manner that seemed to rub everyone the wrong way.
- rub up, to refresh one's memory of (a subject, language, etc.).
- an act or instance of rubbing: an alcohol rub.
- something that annoys or irritates one's feelings, as a sharp criticism, a sarcastic remark, or the like: to resent rubs concerning one's character.
- an annoying experience or circumstance.
- an obstacle, impediment, or difficulty: We'd like to travel, but the rub is that we have no money.
- a rough or abraded area caused by rubbing.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Touchtouch (tuch),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to put the hand, finger, etc., on or into contact with (something) to feel it: He touched the iron cautiously.
- to come into contact with and perceive (something), as the hand or the like does.
- to bring (the hand, finger, etc., or something held) into contact with something: She touched a match to the papers.
- to give a slight tap or pat to with the hand, finger, etc.;
strike or hit gently or lightly.
- to come into or be in contact with.
- [Geom.](of a line or surface) to be tangent to.
- to be adjacent to or border on.
- to come up to;
- to attain equality with;
compare with (usually used with a negative): a style that cannot touch that of Shakespeare.
- to mark by strokes of the brush, pencil, or the like.
- to mark or relieve slightly, as with color: a gray dress touched with blue.
- to stop at (a place), as a ship: The ship touched shore several times during the cruise.
- to treat or affect in some way by contact.
- to affect as if by contact;
- to affect with some feeling or emotion, esp. tenderness, pity, gratitude, etc.: Their sufferings touched his heart.
- to handle, use, or have to do with in any way (usually used with a negative): She can't touch the money until she's 21.
- to eat or drink;
taste (usually used with a negative): He won't touch another drink.
- to lay hands on, often in a violent manner: Don't you touch this child!
- to deal with or treat in speech or writing.
- to refer or allude to.
- to pertain or relate to: a critic in all matters touching the kitchen.
- to be a matter of importance to;
make a difference to;
affect: This grave decision touches all of us.
- [Metall.]to stamp (metal) as being of standard purity.
- [Slang.]to apply to for money, or succeed in getting money from: He touched me for five dollars.
- [Slang.]to steal from.
- to strike the strings, keys, etc., of (a musical instrument) so as to cause it to sound.
- to play or perform (an air, notes, etc.) on a musical instrument.
- to place the hand, finger, etc., on or in contact with something.
- to come into or be in contact.
- to make a stop or a short call at a place, as a ship or those on board (usually fol. by at).
- touch base with. See base1 (def. 29).
- touch down, (of an airplane) to come into contact with the ground;
- touch off:
- to represent or characterize precisely.
- to cause to ignite or explode.
- to give rise to;
initiate: This incident will touch off another crisis.
- touch on or upon:
- to mention a subject briefly or casually;
treat of in passing: In his lecture he touched on the major aspects of the controversy.
- to come close to;
- to relate or pertain to.
- touch up:
- to make minor changes or improvements in the appearance of.
- to modify or improve (a painting, photograph, etc.) by adding small strokes or making slight changes.
- to rouse by or as if by striking: This should touch up your memory.
touch ′a•ble, adj.
- the act or state of touching;
state or fact of being touched.
- that sense by which anything material is perceived by means of physical contact.
- the quality of something touched that imparts a sensation: an object with a slimy touch.
- a coming into or being in contact.
- mental or moral perception, sensitivity, or understanding: He has a marvelous touch in dealing with people.
- ability, skill, or dexterity;
knack: to lose one's touch.
- [Fencing.]the contact of the point of a foil or épée or the point or edge of the blade of a saber with a specified portion of the opponent's body, counting one point for the scorer.
- close communication, agreement, sympathy, or the like: to be out of touch with reality; Let's keep in touch.
- a slight stroke or blow.
- a slight attack, as of illness or disease: a touch of rheumatism.
- a slight added action or effort in doing or completing any piece of work: to provide the finishing touches.
- manner of execution in artistic work.
- the act or manner of touching or fingering a keyboard instrument.
- the mode of action of the keys of an instrument, as of a piano or typewriter.
- [Change Ringing.]a partial series of changes on a peal of bells.
- a stroke or dash, as with a brush, pencil, or pen.
- a detail in any artistic work.
- a slight amount of some quality, attribute, etc.: a touch of sarcasm in his voice.
- a slight quantity or degree: a touch of salt.
- a distinguishing characteristic or trait: the touch of the master.
- quality or kind in general.
- an act of testing something.
- something that serves as a test;
- the act of approaching someone for money as a gift or a loan.
- the obtaining of money in this manner.
- the money obtained.
- a person considered from the standpoint of the relative ease with which he or she will lend money: I can always hit him for ten—he's an easy touch.
- an official mark put upon precious metal after testing to indicate its purity.
- a die, stamp, or the like for impressing such a mark.
- an identifying mark impressed on pewter by its maker.
- [Soccer.]the area outside the touchlines.
- [Rugby.]either of the touchlines or the area outside of the touchlines.
- put the touch on, [Informal.]to try to borrow money from: Willie put the touch on me for another ten last night.
touch ′a•ble•ness, touch′a•bil′i•ty, n.
touch ′er, n.
touch ′less, adj.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Whitewhite (hwīt, wīt),USA pronunciation adj., whit•er, whit•est, n., v., whit•ed, whit•ing.
- of the color of pure snow, of the margins of this page, etc.;
reflecting nearly all the rays of sunlight or a similar light.
- light or comparatively light in color.
- (of human beings) marked by slight pigmentation of the skin, as of many Caucasoids.
- for, limited to, or predominantly made up of persons whose racial heritage is Caucasian: a white club; a white neighborhood.
- pallid or pale, as from fear or other strong emotion: white with rage.
- silvery, gray, or hoary: white hair.
- snowy: a white Christmas.
- lacking color;
- (politically) ultraconservative.
- blank, as an unoccupied space in printed matter: Fill in the white space below.
- [Armor.]composed entirely of polished steel plates without fabric or other covering;
- wearing white clothing: a white monk.
- [Slang.]decent, honorable, or dependable: That's very white of you.
- auspicious or fortunate.
- morally pure;
- without malice;
harmless: white magic.
- (of wines) light-colored or yellowish, as opposed to red.
- (of coffee) containing milk.
- bleed white, to be or cause to be deprived of all one's resources: Dishonesty is bleeding the union white.
- a color without hue at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to black. A white surface reflects light of all hues completely and diffusely. Most so-called whites are very light grays: fresh snow, for example, reflects about 80 percent of the incident light, but to be strictly white, snow would have to reflect 100 percent of the incident light. It is the ultimate limit of a series of shades of any color.
- a hue completely desaturated by admixture with white, the highest value possible.
- quality or state of being white.
- lightness of skin pigment.
- a person whose racial heritage is Caucasian.
- a white material or substance.
- the white part of something.
- a pellucid viscous fluid that surrounds the yolk of an egg;
- the white part of the eyeball: He has a speck in the white of his eye.
- white or nearly white clothing.
- top-grade white flour.
- white wine: Graves is a good white.
- a type or breed that is white in color.
- Usually, whites. a blank space in printing.
- (cap.) a hog of any of several breeds having a white coat, as a Chester White.
- [Entomol.]any of several white-winged butterflies of the family Pieridae, as the common cabbage butterflies.
- white fabric.
- the outermost ring of the butt.
- an arrow that hits this portion of the butt.
- the central part of the butt or target, formerly painted white but now painted gold or yellow.
- [Archaic.]a target painted white.
- the men or pieces that are light-colored.
- (often cap.) a member of a royalist, conservative, or reactionary political party.
- in the white, in an unfinished state or condition, as furniture wood that has not been stained or varnished.
- to make white by leaving blank spaces (often fol. by out).
- to whiten (areas of artwork) in retouching preparatory to photoengraving (often fol. by out).
- [Archaic.]to make white;
- white out:
- to cover (errors in copy) with a white correction fluid.
- to censor, as by obliterating words or passages with white ink.
Paintpaint (pānt),USA pronunciation n.
- a substance composed of solid coloring matter suspended in a liquid medium and applied as a protective or decorative coating to various surfaces, or to canvas or other materials in producing a work of art.
- an application of this.
- the dried surface pigment: Don't scuff the paint.
- the solid coloring matter alone;
- facial cosmetics, esp. lipstick, rouge, etc., designed to heighten natural color.
- [Chiefly Western U.S.]a pied, calico, or spotted horse or pony;
- to coat, cover, or decorate (something) with paint: to paint a fence.
- to produce (a picture, design, etc.) in paint: to paint a portrait.
- to represent in paint, as in oils, tempera, or watercolor: to paint an actress as the Muse of tragedy.
- to depict as if by painting;
describe vividly in words: The ads painted the resort as a winter wonderland.
- to color by or as if by painting: Sunset painted the clouds pink.
- to apply a substance to, as a liquid medicine or a cosmetic: to paint a cut with iodine.
- to coat or cover anything with paint.
- to engage in painting as an art: She has begun to paint in her spare time.
- to put on or use facial cosmetics.
- paint the town red, [Informal.]to celebrate boisterously, esp. by making a round of stops at bars and nightclubs. Also, paint the town.
Hello folks, this image is about Fire Surround-scaffold Boards, Stained, Rubbed And Touch Of White Paint ( Fireplace Boards Gallery #2). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 596 x 794. It's file size is only 68 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your laptop, you might Click here. You may also see more pictures by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Fireplace Boards.
Along with updating the corner, utilize some things contained in older houses, for example, the selection of fashionable lounge pillows, wallhangings model popart, or possibly a container of vibrant bottles. Choose that have versions of clean traces, feel and bolder hues. Incorporate those two designs in one spot. Eg adjustment of furniture that is antique with upholstery that's more contemporary.
It could additionally incorporate with numerous previous dining table seats. Items for example tables yard / big potted crops, terrace, and rattan seats may also enhance the sweetness of the inside of the house.The house that is old is not such as a home today. The division of place sometimes looks peculiar. Eg therefore ample family area, whilst the bedroom is very slender.
Thus could be the kitchen which will be very long. Properly, you'll be able to work this around by the addition of a Fire Surround-scaffold Boards, Stained, Rubbed And Touch Of White Paint ( Fireplace Boards Gallery #2) in an area that's too wide or changing features. For example most as well as area of the home, while 50% of the room used as being a garage